- Offer the best education to our young people and equip them to develop skills so they can add value to society.
- Support our young people to be the best they can be, resilient, resourceful, independent and who are able to cope with the experiences and challenges in life.
- Offer a high-quality education with a wide variety of experiences to support our young people in developing their knowledge and understanding of the wider world.
Our curriculum comprises all learning and other experiences that we plan for our students. It includes:
- Academic Curriculum: providing equal opportunities to access a knowledge-rich and diverse curriculum.
- Character Curriculum: students become resilient, resourceful and independent.
- Enrichment: maximise opportunities for all our students to pursue their passions through sport, the arts, and building links with our community.
Academic Curriculum: Our Guiding Principles
- Giving our students access to the best that has been thought and said, and helping to engender an appreciation of human creativity and achievement.
- Our curriculum is underpinned by knowledge, both declarative and procedural
- Powerful knowledge is an end itself
- We are all empowered by knowing
- The knowledge in our curriculum is specified in detail
- The knowledge in our curriculum is sequenced, mapped and coherent
- The knowledge in our curriculum is taught to be remembered
- Methods to achieve this may include interleaved, spaced and cumulative testing and repeated practice
Effective Teaching at Inicio: 5-a-Day
- Activate Hard Thinking
- Effective Questioning
- Scaffolding and Modelling
- Responsive Teaching
- Planning for Memory
"Learning happens when people have to think hard" - Professor Robert Coe